2013. június 17., hétfő

Olkon island



We came to the island on Friday. The bus route was about 5.5 hours, with many stops. From the first view the island looked boring, bit like Mediterranean (mean almost no trees, just not limestone). The bus ride turned into challenging, when the road when to dirt road, even before the ferry. My impression of the village (?) was that I'm in the wild Wild West...it is almost Far East, isn't it? :D
After that I started to feel better. I got used to the dirt roads, wooden houses and some people wandering around the streets. Luckily this time (so far) I haven't seen any guns :))
I liked when our house lady was complaining that she can't start a Toyota with automatic gear, cause she always drove UAZ :D
There is many shamanic (religious place), wooden poles with flags, etc. It seems we are out of the peak of the tourist season, which I really don't mind. We still have seen like 4-6 tourist buses (haha, UAZ!!!) taking visitors to the national park by car, making stops and giving some lunch (boiled fish in water with potatoes....). Anyway, the ride is unforgettable! Not only that I survived without puking, but going on roadless roads, through forest and fields, it was amazing! Even though I wouldn't repeat it often :D
After this excursion, we don't really feel a need to stay too much longer on the island.
The plan is back to Irkutsk and from there to Slyudyanka to take finally the train (Circum Baikal, local version) , or hike, if the rain won't pour like hell.
Most likely I'll post it from Irkutsk. :)

ps.: The beer taste nice on high cliffs on the lake! :)
ps2.: my throat is still not okay. I hope I get better soon...

Tesóim majd lefordítják magyarra :)) Nemsokára megy a vonatunk...

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése